Yesterday I was sitting outside enjoying the beautiful Northeast Georgia weather when I received a request from the princess that all she wanted to eat was chocolate cup cakes with chocolate frosting. So I obliged because I do my best to keep ingredients on hand to prepare her favorite things to eat since she gets particular and specific at times about what she puts in her tummy. She was my little assistant and now that have enjoyed them, we want to share the recipe with you all. This is our version. Feel free to tweak it to your pleasure.
SPELT CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE
- 2 cups sprouted spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tsp seaweed blend (I mix equal parts of kelp/Irish moss/ bladder wrack powder and store on a mason jar)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of agave
- 1/2 cup almond/coconut milk blend
- 2 tbsp cacao/cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine all liquid ingredients in a measuring cup so it will be easy to measure everything in one place.
- Pour wet ingredients into mixing bowl and mix until completely combined.
- Place cupcake liners into muffin pan and spoon batter into cupcake liners until half filled.
- Place in oven and let bake for 30 mins
- Insert toothpick into to center of each cupcake. It should come out clean if they are fully cooked.
DATE AVOCADO CHOCOLATE FROSTING
- 1 cup dates
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup cacao/cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 small avocado
- Soak dates in hot water for 15 to 30 minutes to soften.
- Blend dates and water first until combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth and thick. You can spread on cupcakes right away and store the left overs in the refrigerator in a glass covered container. Enjoy !!! ?
Here they are ready to go into the oven.
Finished product with hazel nut in the middle.
The princess wanted to apply her own date avocado chocolate frosting so here is her finished product.
Very moist and delicious. I almost forgot to take a pic. For me it pairs well with a hot cup of tea. My husband on the other hand has to have milk. His choice is almond coconut milk blend. The princess chose honey milk.
Cathyann Ellison is a Fertility Health & Wellness Coach who helps women to experience optimal health before, during and after pregnancy. You can schedule your Healthy Womb Clarity Session to see how it could look to receive support on your Fertile Womb Lifestyle journey.